Jackson leads PSU
Junior Bekah Jackson of Nashua collected six hits and stole five bases Sunday as the host Plymouth State University softball team swept UMass-Boston, 11-10 and 10-0. Whitney Roberts of Chocorua notched victories in both game, including a five-hit shutout in the nightcap.
SNHU 1-0, Bentley 0-2: Ali Maloof became the school's career strikeout leader, with 306, in the Penmen's opening-game win. She fanned 13 and allowed only two hits in the shutout. Dolores Mattice was the hard-luck loser in the nightcap, striking out nine.
Plymouth State 7-6, Colby-Sawyer 0-1: Pitchers Jeff Runnals and Michael Welch each pitched six strong innings, leading the Plymouth State baseball team to 7-0 and 6-1 victories over Colby-Sawyer on Sunday in New London. Runnals, of Wolfeboro, blanked the hosts over six frames to earn his fourth win.
St. Anselm 6-6, Merrimack 1-9: In the opener, Zachary Brian tossed the first complete game of his career. He allowed one run (none earned) on three hits while striking out two and walking one. The Hawks are 16-23-1 overall, 11-12 in the Northeast-10.
Merrimack 5, SNHU 1: In NE-10 championship match, the Penmen's top doubles team prevailed.
Keene State 12, UMass-Dartmouth 1: J.T. Galloway, one of 12 seniors honored before the game, scored four goals to lead KSC, 11-2, 5-0 in the Little East.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.