Fisher Cats routed by Binghamton
In was really a walk in the park for the Binghamton Mets Sunday.
The Mets took advantage of 11 walks and collected 13 hits for a 15-2 rout of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. Allan Dykstra and Danny Muno each drove in three runs for the Mets (10-7), who are tied with Trenton atop the East Division.
The Fisher Cats (8-10) received a solo homer in the fourth inning from Ricardo Nanita, who scored an eight-inning run on a single from Sean Ochinko. New Hampshire starter Deck McGuire (1-2, 5.73 ERA) suffered the loss. He allowed eight earned runs, six walks and six hits in 4-1/3 innings.
The Fisher Cats are idle Monday and begin a three-game series against New Britain (8-9) Tuesday at 6:35 p.m. The Fisher Cats will throw righty Tyson Brummett (0-1, 6.75) against New Britain righthander Trevor May on Tuesday. Game start on Wednesday is 5:05 p.m. and the series finale on Thursday begins at 10:35 a.m.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.