Home » News » Public Safety
Bedford car crash leaves one hurt, one charged with DWI
Police said a bright yellow 2006 Corvette was traveling eastbound on Campbell Road near Wellesley Road shortly after 9 p.m. when the driver apparently lost control of the vehicle, ran off the road and slammed into a tree stump.
The heavily-damaged car was found on the opposite shoulder of the road, facing the wrong way, with a passenger inside suffering from an injury termed non-life threatening by police.
The injured passenger was taken to Elliot Hospital by ambulance.
The alleged driver of the car was not found at the scene of the crash.
Police said the alleged driver, William Morel, was found more than an hour later walking on King Road near Cortland Drive.
Morel was charged with driving while intoxicated, driving after suspension of his license, reckless conduct and conduct after an accident.
He was released on personal recognizance and is scheduled for arraignment on May 2 in Merrimack District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 0
- Winning $100,000 lottery ticket sold in Laconia - 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 6
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll