Home » News » Public Safety
Bedford car crash leaves one hurt, one charged with DWI
Police said a bright yellow 2006 Corvette was traveling eastbound on Campbell Road near Wellesley Road shortly after 9 p.m. when the driver apparently lost control of the vehicle, ran off the road and slammed into a tree stump.
The heavily-damaged car was found on the opposite shoulder of the road, facing the wrong way, with a passenger inside suffering from an injury termed non-life threatening by police.
The injured passenger was taken to Elliot Hospital by ambulance.
The alleged driver of the car was not found at the scene of the crash.
Police said the alleged driver, William Morel, was found more than an hour later walking on King Road near Cortland Drive.
Morel was charged with driving while intoxicated, driving after suspension of his license, reckless conduct and conduct after an accident.
He was released on personal recognizance and is scheduled for arraignment on May 2 in Merrimack District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate