Home » News » Public Safety
Bedford car crash leaves one hurt, one charged with DWI
Police said a bright yellow 2006 Corvette was traveling eastbound on Campbell Road near Wellesley Road shortly after 9 p.m. when the driver apparently lost control of the vehicle, ran off the road and slammed into a tree stump.
The heavily-damaged car was found on the opposite shoulder of the road, facing the wrong way, with a passenger inside suffering from an injury termed non-life threatening by police.
The injured passenger was taken to Elliot Hospital by ambulance.
The alleged driver of the car was not found at the scene of the crash.
Police said the alleged driver, William Morel, was found more than an hour later walking on King Road near Cortland Drive.
Morel was charged with driving while intoxicated, driving after suspension of his license, reckless conduct and conduct after an accident.
He was released on personal recognizance and is scheduled for arraignment on May 2 in Merrimack District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth