Home » News » Public Safety
Bedford car crash leaves one hurt, one charged with DWI
Police said a bright yellow 2006 Corvette was traveling eastbound on Campbell Road near Wellesley Road shortly after 9 p.m. when the driver apparently lost control of the vehicle, ran off the road and slammed into a tree stump.
The heavily-damaged car was found on the opposite shoulder of the road, facing the wrong way, with a passenger inside suffering from an injury termed non-life threatening by police.
The injured passenger was taken to Elliot Hospital by ambulance.
The alleged driver of the car was not found at the scene of the crash.
Police said the alleged driver, William Morel, was found more than an hour later walking on King Road near Cortland Drive.
Morel was charged with driving while intoxicated, driving after suspension of his license, reckless conduct and conduct after an accident.
He was released on personal recognizance and is scheduled for arraignment on May 2 in Merrimack District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council