Home » News » Public Safety
Bedford car crash leaves one hurt, one charged with DWI
Police said a bright yellow 2006 Corvette was traveling eastbound on Campbell Road near Wellesley Road shortly after 9 p.m. when the driver apparently lost control of the vehicle, ran off the road and slammed into a tree stump.
The heavily-damaged car was found on the opposite shoulder of the road, facing the wrong way, with a passenger inside suffering from an injury termed non-life threatening by police.
The injured passenger was taken to Elliot Hospital by ambulance.
The alleged driver of the car was not found at the scene of the crash.
Police said the alleged driver, William Morel, was found more than an hour later walking on King Road near Cortland Drive.
Morel was charged with driving while intoxicated, driving after suspension of his license, reckless conduct and conduct after an accident.
He was released on personal recognizance and is scheduled for arraignment on May 2 in Merrimack District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 2
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072