Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia girl struck by car showing improvement
The condition of the injured girl, Alyssa Miner, was upgraded to stable at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon Sunday afternoon, where she was flown with critical injuries after both girls were hit by a car on Friday.
Another student, Lilyanna Johnson, 14, died at the same hospital on Friday night.
The girls were walking home from Laconia Middle School when the accident occurred at 2:30 p.m. Friday.
Laconia Police Capt. Matt Canfield said the girls were hit when one car stopped at a crosswalk to allow the girls to cross the street and another car "suddenly veered" from behind the stopped car and hit one girl, a guardrail and the second girl.
As of Sunday afternoon, no charges had been filed against the driver of the car, Amy Lafond, 51, of 10 River St., Laconia, Sgt. Dennis Ashley said.
Police are seeking information from anyone who may have seen the accident. Information can be submitted by calling Laconia police at 524-5252, by calling the Laconia Crimeline at 527-1717 or online at www.laconiapd.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 0
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long