Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia girl struck by car showing improvement
The condition of the injured girl, Alyssa Miner, was upgraded to stable at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon Sunday afternoon, where she was flown with critical injuries after both girls were hit by a car on Friday.
Another student, Lilyanna Johnson, 14, died at the same hospital on Friday night.
The girls were walking home from Laconia Middle School when the accident occurred at 2:30 p.m. Friday.
Laconia Police Capt. Matt Canfield said the girls were hit when one car stopped at a crosswalk to allow the girls to cross the street and another car "suddenly veered" from behind the stopped car and hit one girl, a guardrail and the second girl.
As of Sunday afternoon, no charges had been filed against the driver of the car, Amy Lafond, 51, of 10 River St., Laconia, Sgt. Dennis Ashley said.
Police are seeking information from anyone who may have seen the accident. Information can be submitted by calling Laconia police at 524-5252, by calling the Laconia Crimeline at 527-1717 or online at www.laconiapd.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name