Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia girl struck by car showing improvement
The condition of the injured girl, Alyssa Miner, was upgraded to stable at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon Sunday afternoon, where she was flown with critical injuries after both girls were hit by a car on Friday.
Another student, Lilyanna Johnson, 14, died at the same hospital on Friday night.
The girls were walking home from Laconia Middle School when the accident occurred at 2:30 p.m. Friday.
Laconia Police Capt. Matt Canfield said the girls were hit when one car stopped at a crosswalk to allow the girls to cross the street and another car "suddenly veered" from behind the stopped car and hit one girl, a guardrail and the second girl.
As of Sunday afternoon, no charges had been filed against the driver of the car, Amy Lafond, 51, of 10 River St., Laconia, Sgt. Dennis Ashley said.
Police are seeking information from anyone who may have seen the accident. Information can be submitted by calling Laconia police at 524-5252, by calling the Laconia Crimeline at 527-1717 or online at www.laconiapd.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 6
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief