Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia girl struck by car showing improvement
The condition of the injured girl, Alyssa Miner, was upgraded to stable at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon Sunday afternoon, where she was flown with critical injuries after both girls were hit by a car on Friday.
Another student, Lilyanna Johnson, 14, died at the same hospital on Friday night.
The girls were walking home from Laconia Middle School when the accident occurred at 2:30 p.m. Friday.
Laconia Police Capt. Matt Canfield said the girls were hit when one car stopped at a crosswalk to allow the girls to cross the street and another car "suddenly veered" from behind the stopped car and hit one girl, a guardrail and the second girl.
As of Sunday afternoon, no charges had been filed against the driver of the car, Amy Lafond, 51, of 10 River St., Laconia, Sgt. Dennis Ashley said.
Police are seeking information from anyone who may have seen the accident. Information can be submitted by calling Laconia police at 524-5252, by calling the Laconia Crimeline at 527-1717 or online at www.laconiapd.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072