Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia girl struck by car showing improvement
The condition of the injured girl, Alyssa Miner, was upgraded to stable at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon Sunday afternoon, where she was flown with critical injuries after both girls were hit by a car on Friday.
Another student, Lilyanna Johnson, 14, died at the same hospital on Friday night.
The girls were walking home from Laconia Middle School when the accident occurred at 2:30 p.m. Friday.
Laconia Police Capt. Matt Canfield said the girls were hit when one car stopped at a crosswalk to allow the girls to cross the street and another car "suddenly veered" from behind the stopped car and hit one girl, a guardrail and the second girl.
As of Sunday afternoon, no charges had been filed against the driver of the car, Amy Lafond, 51, of 10 River St., Laconia, Sgt. Dennis Ashley said.
Police are seeking information from anyone who may have seen the accident. Information can be submitted by calling Laconia police at 524-5252, by calling the Laconia Crimeline at 527-1717 or online at www.laconiapd.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 9
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072