Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Woman fights return to NH to face charges in murder case
Michele Corson, 43, of Skowhegan, Maine, chose not to waive a hearing on fugitive charges on Friday, meaning a governor's warrant for her arrest will be needed to bring her back to New Hampshire, where she is charged with conspiracy to commit murder and one count of accomplice to first-degree murder.
Corson was arrested Wednesday for her alleged role in the death of Amanda "Amy" Warf. The 36-year-old Hampton mother's body was found inside a vacant concrete plant in Exeter on March 7.
Warf's ex-husband, Aaron Desjardins, 36, of Epping, is charged with first-degree murder. He is accused of slitting her throat, but has denied that he had anything to do with her murder.
Desjardins' wife, Sarah Desjardins, 34, of Epping, was also arrested Wednesday and charged with one count of conspiracy to commit murder and one count of conspiracy to commit hindering apprehension or prosecution.
She is being held on $250,000 cash bail.
According to Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell, Sarah Desjardins is accused of sending a text message to Corson asking her to bring a gun to New Hampshire before the murder.
Corson allegedly brought the weapon on March 6 "for the purpose of furthering the murder of Amy Warf," Morrell said Friday.
Morrell declined to reveal how the gun was used in the killing.
Sarah Desjardins also allegedly lied about her husband's whereabouts after the murder.
She is scheduled to appear in the 10th Circuit Court District Division in Brentwood on Friday at 10 a.m. for a probable cause hearing.
Corson is due back in court on Wednesday for a hearing in Skowhegan District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424