Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Binghamton blanks Fisher Cats behind effort of Montero
Walden allowed nine hits and one run in his six and two-third innings, his longest stint in Double A.
The Fisher Cats managed four hits in six innings off Montero and five for the game while being shut out for the first time this season.
New Hampshire sends right-hander Deck McGuire (1-1, 3.06) to the mound this afternoon at 1:35 in an attempt to salvage a split of the four-game series. Logan Verrett, 2-0 with a 2.75 ERA, is due to pitch for Binghamton.
The Mets won the series opener 4-3 on Thursday night and the Fisher Cats took Friday night's game, 5-2.
A Darrell Ceciliani single to left knocked in Wilfredo Tolvar with what proved to be the winning run in the top of the sixth inning.
Cory Vaughn's two-run homer off reliever Matt Wright gave Binghamton some breathing room in the eighth inning.
The Fisher Cats got the tying run to the plate in the ninth inning, but stranded a pair of runners to end the game. Right fielder Brad Glenn had two of the Fisher Cat hits and Kevin Ahrens had a double for their only extra base hit.
New Hampshire fell to 8-9 with the loss and is in sixth and last place in the Eastern Division, a half game behind New Britain.
After closing out the Binghamton series Sunday, the Fisher Cats are off on Monday and then play New Britain on Tuesday (6:35 p.m.), Wednesday (5:05 p.m.) and Thursday (10:35 a.m.) to wrap up the current homestand.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Green, Celtics blow out Cavs - 0
- Celtics late rally falls short - 0
- Crawford, Celtics ease past Bobcats - 0
- Celtics top Hawks to halt six-game skid - 0
- Spurs top Celtics to extend win streak - 0
- Timberwolves hand Celtics third straight loss - 0
- Aldridge double-double sends Celtics to loss - 0
- Warning sign saves former St. A hoop coach Clifford - 0
- Bobcats end Celtics' four-game win streak - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list