Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports: Bentley handles Penmen
Bentley's JP Ashline allowed six hits and one run in a complete-game effort, lifting the Falcons handed No. 12 Southern New Hampshire University a 7-1 setback in Northeast-10 action at Penmen Field. The Falcons, who have won four straight and 12 of 14, improved to 19-15 and 7-3 in the NE-10's Northeast Division, while the Penmen are 25-12 and 8-5 in the division.
Ashline upped his record to 5-1 with his effort, as he struck out six with one walk. The Penmen could muster only singles by Andrew Pezzuto and Jon Minucci.
Derrick Sylvester of Franklin took the loss for SNHU, allowing eight hits and five runs (three earned) in 5 1/3 innings of work while fanning nine.
The teams meet again today at 3 in a doubleheader at Penmen Field.
Colby-Sawyer 5, New England College 4 (8 innings): In New London, despite six strong innings from Manchester's Chris Wallace, the New England College baseball team lost to Colby-Sawyer. Wallace allowed two earned runs on three hits and struck out seven.
KSC postponed to Sunday: Keene State's baseball doubleheader against UMass-Boston scheduled for today will now be played on Sunday starting at noon at the Owl Athletic Complex.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weal powers Monarchs past Phantoms - 0
- Gale lifts Monarchs to 3-1 win - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Weary Monarchs lose in shootout - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Monarchs fall, settle for two-win weekend - 0
- Ian Clark's Monarchs Notebook: Berube makes most of his shot - 0
- Red-hot Monarchs top Wolf Pack on the road - 0
- Deslauriers comes through in the Nick of time for Monarchs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child