Home » News » Public Safety
Unattended backpack brings police response in Nashua
The Nashua Police Department's Hazardous Device Unit arrived at the building at 175 Amherst St. shortly after 10 a.m.
"Certainly, we didn't know what to expect," said Police Chief John Seusing, adding a federal Homeland Security vehicle also arrived on the scene.
"But, I am told that the situation has been resolved."
According to Seusing, the backpack was forgotten at the building, and the owner was located.
There was nothing of any concern within the bag, said the chief.
The building was evacuated while authorities investigated.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072