Home » News » Public Safety
All 18 city cabs back in service after fixing inspection issues
Kevin Kincaid, director of licensing enforcement for the Manchester City Clerk, said Manchester Taxi is replacing a cab that failed inspection and will put it on the road today, which will put all 18 back on the road. Kincaid said the cab company is replacing that car because it was nearly nine years old, the end of its shelf life.
He explained that under city regulations, any licensed cab must be a full-size cab, be less than nine years old and have under 300,000 miles on it.
On April 2, the city pulled every cab off the street after all of them failed inspection. Kincaid said those that took the longest to get back in service had rust problems.
The cabs are operated by two companies - Queen City Taxi, owned by Rudy Masat, and Manchester Taxi, owned by Kathleen Peters and managed by Bill Fellows.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'