Home » News » Public Safety
Goffstown school locked down during scare at nearby library
GOFFSTOWN -- A heavy police presence at the library on Friday afternoon sent the nearby elementary school into "a modified shelter in place."
Police were called to Goffstown Public Library at approximately 2 p.m. on Friday after someone who appeared to be a vagrant walked into the library, prompting concern among library employees. Employees called police and then quickly evacuated the library building.
When police responded, the individual was questioned but no charges were brought and no arrest was made, according to Police Chief Patrick Sullivan.
The chief said nearby Maple Avenue Elementary School went into "modified shelter in place," which means students and teachers stay in their classrooms until they get the all-clear, which they got about a half-hour later.
"It was just some homeless guy. He was just looking for some clothes, that's all," said Sullivan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth