Home » News » Public Safety
Goffstown school locked down during scare at nearby library
GOFFSTOWN -- A heavy police presence at the library on Friday afternoon sent the nearby elementary school into "a modified shelter in place."
Police were called to Goffstown Public Library at approximately 2 p.m. on Friday after someone who appeared to be a vagrant walked into the library, prompting concern among library employees. Employees called police and then quickly evacuated the library building.
When police responded, the individual was questioned but no charges were brought and no arrest was made, according to Police Chief Patrick Sullivan.
The chief said nearby Maple Avenue Elementary School went into "modified shelter in place," which means students and teachers stay in their classrooms until they get the all-clear, which they got about a half-hour later.
"It was just some homeless guy. He was just looking for some clothes, that's all," said Sullivan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Holloman’s fotball career is over in Dallas due to injury - 0
- Tringale in contention at The Barclays - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m