Sen. Ayotte invited to speak at New England College
On Saturday, May 18 at 11 a.m. on the Simon Green at 98 Bridge St. in Henniker, Ayotte will join the throngs of students who will don their caps and gowns to receive their diplomas.
Speaking for the college, Dr. Wayne Lesperance, professor of political science, said that the students, faculty and staff of New England College are lucky to have Ayotte speaking at commencement.
"In just three short years, Senator Ayotte has emerged as an important voice of fiscal reason, accountability and as a strong advocate for our men and women in uniform," said Lesperance. "She is highly regarded by her colleagues as having a clear eye about the challenges facing our country and is equally well regarded in the Granite State as truly representative of the values and aspirations of the people of New Hampshire."
"I'm deeply honored by New England College's invitation," said Ayotte, who serves on several Senate committees, including Armed Services, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, Commerce, Budget, and Aging.
"Commencement marks an important milestone for the graduates, and I look forward to celebrating their considerable accomplishments during this very special ceremony," she said.
For more information visit www.nec.edu.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four