Sen. Ayotte invited to speak at New England College
On Saturday, May 18 at 11 a.m. on the Simon Green at 98 Bridge St. in Henniker, Ayotte will join the throngs of students who will don their caps and gowns to receive their diplomas.
Speaking for the college, Dr. Wayne Lesperance, professor of political science, said that the students, faculty and staff of New England College are lucky to have Ayotte speaking at commencement.
"In just three short years, Senator Ayotte has emerged as an important voice of fiscal reason, accountability and as a strong advocate for our men and women in uniform," said Lesperance. "She is highly regarded by her colleagues as having a clear eye about the challenges facing our country and is equally well regarded in the Granite State as truly representative of the values and aspirations of the people of New Hampshire."
"I'm deeply honored by New England College's invitation," said Ayotte, who serves on several Senate committees, including Armed Services, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, Commerce, Budget, and Aging.
"Commencement marks an important milestone for the graduates, and I look forward to celebrating their considerable accomplishments during this very special ceremony," she said.
For more information visit www.nec.edu.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 2
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 2
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 12
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
- Casino tax breaks: Bad news for Gov. Hassan - 4
- A medal well earned: Ryan M. Pitts is a hero - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
- Bedford tops Machester East in District I LL action - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?