North Country areas schedule variety of Earth Day events
In northern New Hampshire, several events are scheduled for Saturday to get a head start on Earth Day.
At the eastern gateway to the White Mountains, a spring clean-up will be held. Volunteers will meet in Chocorua Village on Saturday at 9 a.m. to clean the area.
West of the Chocorua Village on Route 113, the Tamworth Farmers' Market will have a special feature, the pottery of Tamworth native Anthony Marrone.
In Randolph on Saturday, a potluck picnic will be held to raise awareness of the Portland-Montreal Pipe Line that cuts through the northern part of the state. Speakers from several environmental organizations are expected.
On April 24-27, the Theater in the Woods is marking Earth Day with a visit from the Lorax. It's a Storybook Trail Walk through the forest by the shores of the Saco River, with a reenactment of the beloved Dr. Seuss book, and a visit from "he who speaks for the trees" the Lorax himself in the 100 Acre Wood in Intervale.
In Pinkham Notch, the Tuckerman Inferno Pentathlon will be run, featuring a 6-mile run, 6-mile kayak, 16-mile bike, 2-mile hike/snowshoe up the Polecat Trail at Wildcat and a 1.5-mile downhill ski.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 189 acres to be preserved on Rose Mountain - 1
- Claremont sets pumpkin festival date - 3
- Film festival bestows Jonathan Daniels Award - 0
- Learning center fundraising dinner set - 0
- Hydrant flushing to begin in Hooksett April 27 - 0
- NH fire towers rise to the danger - 0
- Working with fellow conservation officers was a job perk - 1
- Amazing, grace, now please stop - 0
- Waiting for the leaves and the color green to return - 0
Claremont sets pumpkin festival date
189 acres to be preserved on Rose Mountain
NH fire towers rise to the danger
Amazing, grace, now please stop
Film festival bestows Jonathan Daniels Award
Learning center fundraising dinner set
‘American Idol’ tour stops in Hampton
First dance of primary season
Rubio: NSA spying concerns are overblown
Few 100k earners in city schools
Portsmouth pushing for plastic bag ban
R.I. man arrested at Nashua DMV
Walker welcomed warmly in Derry