North Country areas schedule variety of Earth Day events
In northern New Hampshire, several events are scheduled for Saturday to get a head start on Earth Day.
At the eastern gateway to the White Mountains, a spring clean-up will be held. Volunteers will meet in Chocorua Village on Saturday at 9 a.m. to clean the area.
West of the Chocorua Village on Route 113, the Tamworth Farmers' Market will have a special feature, the pottery of Tamworth native Anthony Marrone.
In Randolph on Saturday, a potluck picnic will be held to raise awareness of the Portland-Montreal Pipe Line that cuts through the northern part of the state. Speakers from several environmental organizations are expected.
On April 24-27, the Theater in the Woods is marking Earth Day with a visit from the Lorax. It's a Storybook Trail Walk through the forest by the shores of the Saco River, with a reenactment of the beloved Dr. Seuss book, and a visit from "he who speaks for the trees" the Lorax himself in the 100 Acre Wood in Intervale.
In Pinkham Notch, the Tuckerman Inferno Pentathlon will be run, featuring a 6-mile run, 6-mile kayak, 16-mile bike, 2-mile hike/snowshoe up the Polecat Trail at Wildcat and a 1.5-mile downhill ski.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Longtime Goffstown resident remembered for his service - 0
- Great-granddaughter's effort gets late Colebrook chief on memorial - 0
- Souhegan Valley Chamber party will benefit Chaplain’s Emergency Relief Fund in Milford - 0
- New president named for memorial fund named after Greenland Chief Michael Maloney - 0
- Our Gourmet: A taste of Japan, just off Interstate 93 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Two ciders worth raising in a toast - 0
- Former NH resident Aliy Zirkle takes second in Iditarod after losing lead - 0
- Building on Hope provides boost for Amherst nonprofit - 0
- ‘Bow Wow Bedford’ to offer micro-chipping, rabies shots - 0
2014-2015 Wildlife Rule Hearings Set
Win tickets to see Craig Ferguson
Search for the Shamrock
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal