North Country areas schedule variety of Earth Day events
Monday marks the 43rd annual Earth Day, a day on which the focus turns to the health and beauty of the environment.
In northern New Hampshire, several events are scheduled for Saturday to get a head start on Earth Day.
At the eastern gateway to the White Mountains, a spring clean-up will be held. Volunteers will meet in Chocorua Village on Saturday at 9 a.m. to clean the area.
West of the Chocorua Village on Route 113, the Tamworth Farmers' Market will have a special feature, the pottery of Tamworth native Anthony Marrone.
In Randolph on Saturday, a potluck picnic will be held to raise awareness of the Portland-Montreal Pipe Line that cuts through the northern part of the state. Speakers from several environmental organizations are expected.
On April 24-27, the Theater in the Woods is marking Earth Day with a visit from the Lorax. It's a Storybook Trail Walk through the forest by the shores of the Saco River, with a reenactment of the beloved Dr. Seuss book, and a visit from "he who speaks for the trees" the Lorax himself in the 100 Acre Wood in Intervale.
In Pinkham Notch, the Tuckerman Inferno Pentathlon will be run, featuring a 6-mile run, 6-mile kayak, 16-mile bike, 2-mile hike/snowshoe up the Polecat Trail at Wildcat and a 1.5-mile downhill ski.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.