North Country areas schedule variety of Earth Day events
In northern New Hampshire, several events are scheduled for Saturday to get a head start on Earth Day.
At the eastern gateway to the White Mountains, a spring clean-up will be held. Volunteers will meet in Chocorua Village on Saturday at 9 a.m. to clean the area.
West of the Chocorua Village on Route 113, the Tamworth Farmers' Market will have a special feature, the pottery of Tamworth native Anthony Marrone.
In Randolph on Saturday, a potluck picnic will be held to raise awareness of the Portland-Montreal Pipe Line that cuts through the northern part of the state. Speakers from several environmental organizations are expected.
On April 24-27, the Theater in the Woods is marking Earth Day with a visit from the Lorax. It's a Storybook Trail Walk through the forest by the shores of the Saco River, with a reenactment of the beloved Dr. Seuss book, and a visit from "he who speaks for the trees" the Lorax himself in the 100 Acre Wood in Intervale.
In Pinkham Notch, the Tuckerman Inferno Pentathlon will be run, featuring a 6-mile run, 6-mile kayak, 16-mile bike, 2-mile hike/snowshoe up the Polecat Trail at Wildcat and a 1.5-mile downhill ski.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Bow officer on Mount Everest climb survives avalanche - 0
- Ice Out Declared on Forest Lake - 0
- Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today - 0
- The 2014 winners of the Manchester Historic Association historic preservation awards - 0
- Perkins retiring from Jackson Ski Touring Foundation - 0
- Earth Day events sprouting up in Milton this week - 0
- AHEAD program hits $50K mark for housing initiative - 0
- Hooksett voters sound off on rejected Pinkerton contract - 0
- Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open - 0
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Ice Out Declared on Forest Lake
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Win tickets to see Cirque du Soleil: Varekai
Preston's 'Idol' adventure goes on
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it