North Country areas schedule variety of Earth Day events
In northern New Hampshire, several events are scheduled for Saturday to get a head start on Earth Day.
At the eastern gateway to the White Mountains, a spring clean-up will be held. Volunteers will meet in Chocorua Village on Saturday at 9 a.m. to clean the area.
West of the Chocorua Village on Route 113, the Tamworth Farmers' Market will have a special feature, the pottery of Tamworth native Anthony Marrone.
In Randolph on Saturday, a potluck picnic will be held to raise awareness of the Portland-Montreal Pipe Line that cuts through the northern part of the state. Speakers from several environmental organizations are expected.
On April 24-27, the Theater in the Woods is marking Earth Day with a visit from the Lorax. It's a Storybook Trail Walk through the forest by the shores of the Saco River, with a reenactment of the beloved Dr. Seuss book, and a visit from "he who speaks for the trees" the Lorax himself in the 100 Acre Wood in Intervale.
In Pinkham Notch, the Tuckerman Inferno Pentathlon will be run, featuring a 6-mile run, 6-mile kayak, 16-mile bike, 2-mile hike/snowshoe up the Polecat Trail at Wildcat and a 1.5-mile downhill ski.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rockingham Community Action Center reaches out to help Derry's needy - 0
- Big turnout expected for NH beer fest - 0
- Salem planners delay hearing on Italian cafe plan - 0
- Local contestants sought for Ms. Senior America pageant - 0
- Club Briefs: Big Brothers/Big Sisters celebrates matches - 0
- Salem planners OK four-lot subdivision plan - 0
- Entertainment venue promoters lament death of music icon - 0
- 'A Medium with a Message' to stop in Concord, Manchester - 0
- Cello virtuoso Dave Eggar and singer/songwriter Amber Rubarth to perform in Keene - 0
17 Special New Hampshire Picnic Spots
Win tickets to see Josh Turner
Big turnout expected for NH beer fest
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Market Basket walkout a future case study
Workers pulling for ex-Market Basket CEO's buyout bid; rally planned Friday before board meeting