North Country areas schedule variety of Earth Day events
In northern New Hampshire, several events are scheduled for Saturday to get a head start on Earth Day.
At the eastern gateway to the White Mountains, a spring clean-up will be held. Volunteers will meet in Chocorua Village on Saturday at 9 a.m. to clean the area.
West of the Chocorua Village on Route 113, the Tamworth Farmers' Market will have a special feature, the pottery of Tamworth native Anthony Marrone.
In Randolph on Saturday, a potluck picnic will be held to raise awareness of the Portland-Montreal Pipe Line that cuts through the northern part of the state. Speakers from several environmental organizations are expected.
On April 24-27, the Theater in the Woods is marking Earth Day with a visit from the Lorax. It's a Storybook Trail Walk through the forest by the shores of the Saco River, with a reenactment of the beloved Dr. Seuss book, and a visit from "he who speaks for the trees" the Lorax himself in the 100 Acre Wood in Intervale.
In Pinkham Notch, the Tuckerman Inferno Pentathlon will be run, featuring a 6-mile run, 6-mile kayak, 16-mile bike, 2-mile hike/snowshoe up the Polecat Trail at Wildcat and a 1.5-mile downhill ski.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Granite State campuses leap into spring with April performances - 0
- Joan Osborne's new album beats with matters of the heart - 0
- Hood Museum of Art wields views of power, strength, artistry and ceremony with exhibition of African objects - 0
- Painters' works on view in Holderness - 0
- Stiletto Brass Quintet steps onto PSU's Silver Center Friday night - 0
- Milwaukee painter David Fleming shares work in Rochester showing - 0
- Emerging artists on display at Paul Creative Arts Center - 0
- Exhibit chronicles New Hampshire Veteran's Association's history - 0
- Marshmallow candies inspiration for diorama contest - 0
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Hood Museum of Art wields views of power, strength, artistry and ceremony with exhibition of African objects
Shamrock count winners
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
School fights mascot battle
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior