Home » News » Public Safety
Croydon home burns in two-alarm fire
Firefighters responded to the home at 11:29 p.m. for a report of a structure fire with explosions, Croydon Fire Chief Steve Rizza said.
The explosions turned out to be 20-pound propane tanks just outside the home, as well as ammunition stored inside the home, Rizza said.
The fire wasn't under control until 3 a.m., and firefighters were on the scene putting out hot spots until 6 a.m.
"The reason is the metal roof," Rizza said. "It really acts like an oven."
After investigating the scene with a state fire marshal, Rizza said late Thursday morning that the fire appears to have been accidental and caused by a woodstove.
The home had structural, fire and water damage.
The homeowners were not home when the fire occurred, and no firefighters were injured fighting the blaze, Rizza said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair rescues dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness