VAMC seeks donations, plans walk for homeless vets
In 2012, there were 623 homeless veterans throughout the state who received homeless services. This figure does not account for the unknown number of homeless veterans living in the woods or in substandard housing.
The Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) program is reaching out to Granite Staters to help in raising awareness of the needs of homeless veterans. The program offers transitional and permanent housing to homeless veterans and their families as well as outreach and referral services.
The program seeks immediate donations of items veterans need. These include:
-- shampoo, soap and other hygiene items.
-- canned goods.
-- phone cards.
-- bus passes.
-- cleaning supplies.
-- paper goods such as toilet paper and paper towels.
Donations will go to various programs around the state that directly help veterans. These places include but are not limited to shelters, food pantries and other community organizations.
For additional information, please contact Lisa Jacobus at 624.4366, ext. 3622; or call 1-877-424-3838; or visit www.va.gov/homeless.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's rush: A careless dash from Manchester - 9
- UNH's good name: Administration fights for it - 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass