Home » News » Public Safety
Flames damage equipment inside Newfields business
The fire broke out around 1:30 a.m. inside an oven and worked its way through the vent system and into an air scrubber, Fire Chief Jeff Buxton said.
Damage was confined to the equipment inside the facility at 171 Exeter Road, Buxton said.
The cause of the fire hasn't been determined, but Buxton said it's not suspicious.
Firefighters from as many as 12 towns responded to the fire due to the building's large size and the potential for injury, Buxton said.
Firefighters left the scene by 4 a.m.
A Hutchinson Automotive employee who answered the phone said the company does not speak to the media.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday