All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Firefighters use special breathing mask to save dogs from house fire sparked by cigarette

MANCHESTER - A cigarette discarded on a back deck caused a fire that caused about $100,000 in damage to a home at 561 Hall St. Tuesday afternoon, according to city Fire District Chief Al Poulin.

Poulin said the fire spread quickly because of Tuesday's windy conditions and a propane tank on the back deck that leaked and fed the fire. He said the building's kitchen and a second-floor bedroom were destroyed and the rear of the building was charred.

Nobody was injured in the fire, though two dogs were rescued from the building and revived using special breathing masks the Fire Department has for animals, Poulin said.


Ariana Grande Ariana Grande
Sunday, 7:30 p.m.

Comedian Bob Marley Comedian Bob Marley
Sunday, 6 p.m.

Beauty and the Beast Beauty and the Beast
Friday, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, 1 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, 1 p.m.

Peter and the Starcatcher Peter and the Starcatcher
Friday-Sunday, 7 p.m.

Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle