action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

April 17. 2013 12:47AM

Firefighters use special breathing mask to save dogs from house fire sparked by cigarette

MANCHESTER - A cigarette discarded on a back deck caused a fire that caused about $100,000 in damage to a home at 561 Hall St. Tuesday afternoon, according to city Fire District Chief Al Poulin.
Poulin said the fire spread quickly because of Tuesday's windy conditions and a propane tank on the back deck that leaked and fed the fire. He said the building's kitchen and a second-floor bedroom were destroyed and the rear of the building was charred.

Nobody was injured in the fire, though two dogs were rescued from the building and revived using special breathing masks the Fire Department has for animals, Poulin said.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events