All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Firefighters use special breathing mask to save dogs from house fire sparked by cigarette


April 17. 2013 12:47AM


MANCHESTER - A cigarette discarded on a back deck caused a fire that caused about $100,000 in damage to a home at 561 Hall St. Tuesday afternoon, according to city Fire District Chief Al Poulin.

Poulin said the fire spread quickly because of Tuesday's windy conditions and a propane tank on the back deck that leaked and fed the fire. He said the building's kitchen and a second-floor bedroom were destroyed and the rear of the building was charred.

Nobody was injured in the fire, though two dogs were rescued from the building and revived using special breathing masks the Fire Department has for animals, Poulin said.


General News Fires Manchester


More Headlines

Injured hiker rescued from Avalon trail

Aggregation