Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Mass. man sentenced for dealing drugs at Hampton Beach
CONCORD - A Lowell, Mass., man was sentenced to 57 months in prison for dealing cocaine and crack cocaine in the Hampton Beach area.
Jimmy F. Ambrosi, 32, was sentenced in U.S. District Court on one count of conspiracy to distribute controlled substances and five counts of distribution of crack and cocaine.
The charges stem from an investigation into cocaine trafficking conducted by Hampton police and the New Hampshire Drug Task Force.
According to a news release issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office, Ambrosi was identified as a main target. From June 2011 through March 2012, a confidential informant made three purchases of crack cocaine from Ambrosi's co-defendant, Andrew Wojtowicz.
The confidential informant introduced an undercoverpolice officer to Wojtowicz, who introduced the officer to Ambrosi.
Twenty-four additional purchases of illegal drugs including cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana and oxycodone were made from Ambrosi, Wojtowicz and their associates, authorities said.
Ambrosi sold the undercover police officer illegal controlled substances on five occasions in New Hampshire and once in Massachusetts.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Debra M. Walsh.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917