Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Mass. man sentenced for dealing drugs at Hampton Beach
CONCORD - A Lowell, Mass., man was sentenced to 57 months in prison for dealing cocaine and crack cocaine in the Hampton Beach area.
Jimmy F. Ambrosi, 32, was sentenced in U.S. District Court on one count of conspiracy to distribute controlled substances and five counts of distribution of crack and cocaine.
The charges stem from an investigation into cocaine trafficking conducted by Hampton police and the New Hampshire Drug Task Force.
According to a news release issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office, Ambrosi was identified as a main target. From June 2011 through March 2012, a confidential informant made three purchases of crack cocaine from Ambrosi's co-defendant, Andrew Wojtowicz.
The confidential informant introduced an undercoverpolice officer to Wojtowicz, who introduced the officer to Ambrosi.
Twenty-four additional purchases of illegal drugs including cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana and oxycodone were made from Ambrosi, Wojtowicz and their associates, authorities said.
Ambrosi sold the undercover police officer illegal controlled substances on five occasions in New Hampshire and once in Massachusetts.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Debra M. Walsh.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917