Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Ex-editor waives hearing
Edward C. Domaingue II, 64, of Ormond Beach, Fla., who owns a summer home in Wakefield, was charged with one count of possession of child pornography on March 15 following an investigation by the Wakefield Police Department.
Domaingue, who worked for the Union Leader for many years, appeared with his attorney, David Ruoff of Howard and Ruoff in Manchester, before Judge Robert Varney. Varney approved the waiver of probable cause after a 30-second hearing in which no evidence or testimony was presented. Search warrants in the case have been sealed.
Because the charge is a felony, prosecutors will likely present the case to a Carroll County Superior Court grand jury later this spring.
Domaingue was released on $10,000 personal recognizance bail following his arrest, and bail conditions remained unchanged after Wednesday's hearing.
Wakefield Police Department Lt. Mark O'Brien said police launched a lengthy investigation in August 2012 after receiving information from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that the suspect allegedly possessed child pornography on his computer. With that tip, Wakefield police teamed up with the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force to investigate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 3
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424