Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Newton police investigating house burglary, make arrest
Police Chief Larry Streeter said police began their search after receiving a call around 7:15 a.m. from an "alert citizen" who spotted a suspicious vehicle in the area of a residence that was burglarized on Peaslee Crossing Road.
The woman provided a description of the vehicle and the license plate number, Streeter said. Officers later saw the vehicle about a mile and a half away in the parking lot of Northland Mall Variety on Route 108, Streeter said.
Police approached the vehicle and arrested Dany Poll, 18, of 103 Nichols St., Wilmington, Mass., on charges of unlawful possession of drugs and operating without a license.
A few minutes later, Streeter said a woman who lives on Peaslee Crossing Road called to report she had just arrived home and found two people running out of the house and into the woods.
The home that was burglarized was ransacked and a piece of jewelry valued at approximately $7,000 was allegedly taken, Streeter said.
The house is located directly across from where the car was located through a short patch of woods, Streeter said.
"It was apparent to us that the burglary suspects were headed back to that particular car," Streeter said.
Police began searching the wooded area and brought in state police dogs to assist.
"We were unsuccessful in locating them, but he did have cell phone contact with one of them and he eventually came to the police department," Streeter said.
Police were still questioning the man Wednesday night while the second person suspected of fleeing the house remained on the loose.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 3
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424