Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Newton police investigating house burglary, make arrest
Police Chief Larry Streeter said police began their search after receiving a call around 7:15 a.m. from an "alert citizen" who spotted a suspicious vehicle in the area of a residence that was burglarized on Peaslee Crossing Road.
The woman provided a description of the vehicle and the license plate number, Streeter said. Officers later saw the vehicle about a mile and a half away in the parking lot of Northland Mall Variety on Route 108, Streeter said.
Police approached the vehicle and arrested Dany Poll, 18, of 103 Nichols St., Wilmington, Mass., on charges of unlawful possession of drugs and operating without a license.
A few minutes later, Streeter said a woman who lives on Peaslee Crossing Road called to report she had just arrived home and found two people running out of the house and into the woods.
The home that was burglarized was ransacked and a piece of jewelry valued at approximately $7,000 was allegedly taken, Streeter said.
The house is located directly across from where the car was located through a short patch of woods, Streeter said.
"It was apparent to us that the burglary suspects were headed back to that particular car," Streeter said.
Police began searching the wooded area and brought in state police dogs to assist.
"We were unsuccessful in locating them, but he did have cell phone contact with one of them and he eventually came to the police department," Streeter said.
Police were still questioning the man Wednesday night while the second person suspected of fleeing the house remained on the loose.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 6
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 5
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483