FBI undercover agents foil alleged kidnapper, former Byram councilman, connected to 'cannibal cop' plot
Richard Meltz, 65, a former Byram councilman who lives in Stanhope and Nashua, N.H., and Robert Christopher Asch, a 60-year-old from Manhattan, are accused of planning to kidnap and kill the family members of a co-conspirator, identified as Michael Vanhise, authorities said.
LATEST NEW HAMPSHIRE ANGLE
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nominations open for Salem Children's Champion Award - 0
- Cornucopia Project continues free film series - 0
- NH's 4,000-footers pose no challenge for Dusty - 0
- Londonderry Travel Plaza is open for business - 0
- Amherst race to honor fallen athlete - 0
- Just under 100 participate in Kiwanis ice fishing derby - 0
- Snow sculpting attracts competitors to Jackson - 0
- Snowmobilers strut their sleds at Trail Breaker event - 0
- Alzheimer’s cafes offered at several NH spots - 0
Harrigan closes up camp
Donna Powers: NH needs casinos
Anthem breach will haunt NH 'forever'
Reading lessons from the Supreme Court
Jonah Goldberg: Is liberalism exhausted?