Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats fall to Binghamton on 3-run homer
The teams split a four-game series in Upstate New York.
Blake Forsythe also homered for Binghamton, which got five solid innings from Rafael Montero for the win.
Kevin Pillar had a run-scoring hit and scored a late run for New Hampshire. Brad Glenn hit a solo homer, his first of the year. The Fisher Cats had the tying runs aboard in the eighth, but Mets reliever Jack Leathersich ended the threat by retiring Adam Loewen on a fly ball to left.
Austin Bibens-Dirkx (1-2) took the loss, allowing six runs over 4 2/3 innings. Rafael Montero (2-0) earned the win for the Mets with five innings of work, allowing two runs and striking out six.
Pillar led the Fisher Cats offense with two hits. He has hit safely in nine straight games, picking up 17 hits overall. He finished the series with the Mets with seven hits in 17 at-bats, driving home five runs in the four-game set.
The Fisher Cats now head to New Britain, Conn., to open a three-game series with the Minnesota Twins' affiliate, the New Britain Rock Cats, tonight at 6:35. Righty Marcus Walden (0-1, 4.15) goes in search of his first win of the year, drawing the start against New Britain's Logan Darnell (0-0, 1.04).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weal powers Monarchs past Phantoms - 0
- Gale lifts Monarchs to 3-1 win - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Weary Monarchs lose in shootout - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Monarchs fall, settle for two-win weekend - 0
- Ian Clark's Monarchs Notebook: Berube makes most of his shot - 0
- Red-hot Monarchs top Wolf Pack on the road - 0
- Deslauriers comes through in the Nick of time for Monarchs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 3
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child