Home » Opinion » Editorials
Foster's future: Best of luck to the next AG
As for concern over Foster's lack of criminal prosecution experience, we don't see that as a major drawback. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but the office does have several veteran criminal prosecutors. Not all Foster's predecessors had such backgrounds, either. Former Attorney General Stephen Merrill, for one, did well leading that office.
From what we have heard and read, the Nashua attorney and former state senator is well thought of and regarded more as a pragmatic problem-solver than a partisan politician.
If that is the case, then Gov. Maggie Hassan may have earned an early thumbs-up in an important area. Given her less-than-smooth introduction to budgeting and spending, she can surely use one.
We expect Foster to win Executive Council approval this Wednesday. We wish him the best in an important post.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list