Home » Opinion » Editorials
Foster's future: Best of luck to the next AG
As for concern over Foster's lack of criminal prosecution experience, we don't see that as a major drawback. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but the office does have several veteran criminal prosecutors. Not all Foster's predecessors had such backgrounds, either. Former Attorney General Stephen Merrill, for one, did well leading that office.
From what we have heard and read, the Nashua attorney and former state senator is well thought of and regarded more as a pragmatic problem-solver than a partisan politician.
If that is the case, then Gov. Maggie Hassan may have earned an early thumbs-up in an important area. Given her less-than-smooth introduction to budgeting and spending, she can surely use one.
We expect Foster to win Executive Council approval this Wednesday. We wish him the best in an important post.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 21
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 5
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
- NH's 9/11 victims: We cannot forget - 0
- Celebrating Stark: And America, in Manchester - 0
- NH's Obamabots: Taking their cues from party bosses - 57
- Spending & voting: MayDay's wasted money - 5
- For the NH GOP: Two new stars - 13
- 9/11 memories revived: 'A quiet, unyielding anger' - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 1
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children