Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Carolina tops B's on Corvo's goal
The Hurricanes halted a seven-game losing streak and won at home for the first time in nine games.
The Bruins were denied clinching a postseason berth for now, needing one point to do so. Boston will have seven more chances in the regular season.
Corvo's power-play goal came on a slap shot just inside the blue line with 10:24 remaining to snap a 2-2 tie. He has six goals this season, and now holds a season-long three-game points streak.
Jiri Tlusty, who scored his second goal of the game into an empty net, and Jeff Skinner had Carolina's other goals.
Milan Lucic and Tyler Seguin scored for the Bruins, who were unable to secure a three-game season sweep of the series with Carolina.
Tlusty, who has a career-high 18 goals while playing in 41 games this season, put the Hurricanes ahead in the second period.
The Bruins responded with Seguin's 15th goal of the season when he beat Peters on a one-on-one move with 2:08 left in the second period, tying the score at 2.
Earlier, the Hurricanes pulled even on Skinner's power-play goal with 36 seconds remaining in the first period. His 12th goal of the season - coming when he shot the puck off Rask's backside - gave him points in consecutive games for the first time since February.
B's ink Soderberg
The Boston Bruins signed forward Carl Soderberg to a three-year, one-way contract through the 2014-15 season, the team announced.
Soderberg's salary is worth an annual cap figure of $1 million. Soderberg will join the club on Wednesday and will be eligible for the remainder of the NHL regular season and Stanley Cup Playoffs.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 1
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice