Home » Sports » College Sports
St. Cloud State's LeBlanc wins Hobey Baker Award
Drew LeBlanc, a senior center from Hermantown, Minn., was named the winner of the honor, which is given annually to the top player in NCAA Division I men's hockey. The other two finalists for the award were sophomore forward Johnny Gaudreau of Boston College and senior goalie Eric Hartzell of Quinnipiac University.
LeBlanc led the Huskies in scoring with 13 goals and 37 assists in 42 games, leading St. Cloud State to a share of the program's first WCHA regular season title and its first trip to the Frozen Four by winning the NCAA Midwest Regional. He went into the Frozen Four leading Division I in assists and is the first player to earn WCHA Player of the Year and WCHA Student-Athlete of the Year honors in the same season.
He had 42 goals and 105 assists in 170 career games with the Huskies. LeBlanc is an undrafted free agent.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released