Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Gonic man faces texting while driving charges after traffic stop
Around 4:25 p.m., officers determined that Aaron Shackelford, 20, of 9 Strafford Road in Gonic, was driving while distracted downtown.
As a result of a traffic stop, police obtained a search warrant and allegedly found evidence of other criminal activity.
Shackelford was charged with possession of drugs with intent to distribute, three counts of receiving stolen property, underage transportation of alcohol in a motor vehicle, texting while driving and having an uninspected motor vehicle.
He was also held on a bench warrant for allegedly failing to appear for an arraignment on seven previous charges of receiving stolen property stemming from incidents in Barrington.
Police said the goal of the traffic patrols is to concentrate efforts on areas in the city where there is a history of criminal and motor vehicle offenses.
Possession of drugs with intent to distribute is a Class B felony, punishable by up to 7 years in prison.
Receiving stolen property is a Class A misdemeanor and each count could result in up to a year in jail, while transporting alcohol in a motor vehicle, texting while driving and having an uninspected motor vehicle are all violations, which could result in a fine of up to $1,000.
Shackelford, who was held on the bench warrant, refused bail and was taken to Strafford County Jail. He is scheduled to be arraigned today in Rochester District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Mother asks judge for a break in her bail - 0
- Wakefield woman helps track alleged burglars - 0
- Three get prison for passing bad checks at Tilton outlets - 0
- Inmate indicted in 2009 kidnapping, rape of woman - 0
- Smuggling drugs into Berlin prison an escalating problem - 0
- Assistant AG cites suspended County Attorney Reams' 'shocking behavior' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
- Retail sales up but stocks drop - 0
- Division of Economic Development presents awards - 0
- Bus firm to open propane station - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424