Bishop Lobasci to honor state's health care workers
Joan P. Ouellette, a registered nurse from Hampton, will receive the St. Martin de Porres Award April 18.
Hampton registered nurse Joan P. Ouellette will be given the St. Martin de Porres Award at a reception immediately following the Mass.
The Catholic Healthcare Professionals in New Hampshire presents the award to a health care provider "who has exemplified the virtues of Catholic healthcare."
Ouellette was chosen as this year's award recipient for her long nursing career that included work at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, N.Y., nursing homes in Amesbury, Mass.. and Laurel, Md., as a home health nurse in Vermont and school nurse in Virginia.
Ouellette most recently worked at New Generation in Greenland, where she obtained grant money and developed the shelter's parenting education program.
Now retired from New Generation, Ouellette continues to volunteer through Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Parish in Hampton, where she collects Christmas gifts for women and babies at New Generation.
Her other volunteer activities include helping serve bereavement meals and making meals for the local soup kitchen.
The White Mass is a special event to bless health care professionals and "affirm the profound service they give to the sick according to the model of Jesus Christ."
It will be celebrated at 6 p.m. in the cathedral at the corner of Pine and Lowell streets.
The reception will be held at the New Hampshire Institute of Art.
Those interested in attending the reception should contact Beth Squeglia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Emergency preparedness class offered for churches - 0
- Music minister Grinnell leaving First Congregational Church - 0
- Bishop makes changes to Diocesan leadership structure - 0
- Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, children being held again in Sudan - 0
- Colebrook shrine known for 'Blessing of the Bikes' closing July 1 - 1
- Reports say Sudan to release sister-in-law of NH man - 1
- Diocese of Manchester announces reassignment of priests - 0
- Manchester event at Sacred Heart Church - 0
- Bishop Libasci to visit La Salette shrine - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax