Bishop Lobasci to honor state's health care workers
Hampton registered nurse Joan P. Ouellette will be given the St. Martin de Porres Award at a reception immediately following the Mass.
The Catholic Healthcare Professionals in New Hampshire presents the award to a health care provider "who has exemplified the virtues of Catholic healthcare."
Ouellette was chosen as this year's award recipient for her long nursing career that included work at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, N.Y., nursing homes in Amesbury, Mass.. and Laurel, Md., as a home health nurse in Vermont and school nurse in Virginia.
Ouellette most recently worked at New Generation in Greenland, where she obtained grant money and developed the shelter's parenting education program.
Now retired from New Generation, Ouellette continues to volunteer through Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Parish in Hampton, where she collects Christmas gifts for women and babies at New Generation.
Her other volunteer activities include helping serve bereavement meals and making meals for the local soup kitchen.
The White Mass is a special event to bless health care professionals and "affirm the profound service they give to the sick according to the model of Jesus Christ."
It will be celebrated at 6 p.m. in the cathedral at the corner of Pine and Lowell streets.
The reception will be held at the New Hampshire Institute of Art.
Those interested in attending the reception should contact Beth Squeglia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
- College Football: UNH overwhelms Lafayette in FCS first round - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466