Bishop Lobasci to honor state's health care workers
Hampton registered nurse Joan P. Ouellette will be given the St. Martin de Porres Award at a reception immediately following the Mass.
The Catholic Healthcare Professionals in New Hampshire presents the award to a health care provider "who has exemplified the virtues of Catholic healthcare."
Ouellette was chosen as this year's award recipient for her long nursing career that included work at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, N.Y., nursing homes in Amesbury, Mass.. and Laurel, Md., as a home health nurse in Vermont and school nurse in Virginia.
Ouellette most recently worked at New Generation in Greenland, where she obtained grant money and developed the shelter's parenting education program.
Now retired from New Generation, Ouellette continues to volunteer through Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Parish in Hampton, where she collects Christmas gifts for women and babies at New Generation.
Her other volunteer activities include helping serve bereavement meals and making meals for the local soup kitchen.
The White Mass is a special event to bless health care professionals and "affirm the profound service they give to the sick according to the model of Jesus Christ."
It will be celebrated at 6 p.m. in the cathedral at the corner of Pine and Lowell streets.
The reception will be held at the New Hampshire Institute of Art.
Those interested in attending the reception should contact Beth Squeglia at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
- Londonderry church blesses pets - 0
- Center gets grant from bishop's fund - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466