St. Margaret's of Scotland Church in Conway to dedicate Korean War Memorial
The memorial is a specially constructed case containing a Bronze Star, Korean War Medal and United Nations Korean Service Medal given by the family of a Korean War veteran.
All veterans and the public are welcome.
In addition to remembering Korean War veterans, veterans who served will be remembered. Veterans groups are welcome to participate formally in the event.
The Korean War was a conflict between Communist and non-Communist forces in Korea from June 25, 1950, to July 27, 1953. An armistice agreement was signed on July 27, 1953.
Casualties in the war were heavy and U.S. losses were placed at more than 54,000 dead and 103,000 wounded, while Chinese and Korean casualties were considerably higher.
"We are honored to include this remembrance among our memorials at St. Margaret's" said the Rev. Jeffrey Monroe, parish rector. "The Korean War is sometimes overlooked but as recent events show, the area remains in conflict. We can never forget the sacrifice our veterans made in that war, and all others, for our freedom."
The church is located at 85 Pleasant St. The Rev. Jeffrey Monroe (capt., USMM) is rector, and the Rev. Harry E. Wellsman (USA-Ret.) is deacon.
Go to www.conwayanglicans.org for more information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 11
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?