St. Margaret's of Scotland Church in Conway to dedicate Korean War Memorial
The memorial is a specially constructed case containing a Bronze Star, Korean War Medal and United Nations Korean Service Medal given by the family of a Korean War veteran.
All veterans and the public are welcome.
In addition to remembering Korean War veterans, veterans who served will be remembered. Veterans groups are welcome to participate formally in the event.
The Korean War was a conflict between Communist and non-Communist forces in Korea from June 25, 1950, to July 27, 1953. An armistice agreement was signed on July 27, 1953.
Casualties in the war were heavy and U.S. losses were placed at more than 54,000 dead and 103,000 wounded, while Chinese and Korean casualties were considerably higher.
"We are honored to include this remembrance among our memorials at St. Margaret's" said the Rev. Jeffrey Monroe, parish rector. "The Korean War is sometimes overlooked but as recent events show, the area remains in conflict. We can never forget the sacrifice our veterans made in that war, and all others, for our freedom."
The church is located at 85 Pleasant St. The Rev. Jeffrey Monroe (capt., USMM) is rector, and the Rev. Harry E. Wellsman (USA-Ret.) is deacon.
Go to www.conwayanglicans.org for more information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Volunteers collect items for Haitian hospital chapel - 0
- Manchester's Holy Family Academy named School of Excellence - 0
- Weare teen to compete in Bible bee - 0
- More churches reporting scam - 0
- Bishop of Rochester, N.Y., will be homilist for annual Red Mass - 0
- Religion Briefs: Divorce and separation support group meets in Goffstown - 0
- Annual dedication of Starr Memorial Garden scheduled - 0
- Bethany Covenant Church in Bedford celebrates 125 years, looks toward future - 0
- Season of Epsom Bible Church AWANA Clubs to begin - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem